Have you tried to charge your phone when your laptop in sleep mode? Most of us, charge our smartphone with a laptop. There are many amazing features available in Windows, which is hidden from us, one of the hidden features is “To Charge Your Phone with Laptop in Sleep Mode.” If you having a laptop but it is sleep mode you can easily charge your phone with a laptop in sleep mode.
By default, this function won’t work with any laptop when it has entered sleep mode. However, if you are charging your mobile in sleep mode, then your mobile will consume less laptop battery. Also, they don’t require any apps/software or third-party application.
How To Charge Your Smartphone When Laptop Lid Is Closed?
You need to make a few changes in “Device Manager” in order to make it possible for a laptop to charge your smartphone while laptop in sleep mode. You need to follow the steps below.
1. First of all, press the combination of “Windows + X” keys on your PC or search the “Device Manager” in your system. Now click and open the Device Manager.
2: Once Device Manager is open on your computer, you need to click on “Universal Serial Bus Controller” to see a list of “USB Root Hub.”
3. Now, right-click on “USB Root Hub” and select the properties >> Power Management tab.
4. Uncheck the “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” box.
Now you can close the lid of your laptop and connect the phone via USB and it will start charging.
Note: Keep in mind, if you’re using MTP or File Transfer option, in that case, your smartphone won’t charge.
I hope You liked this tutorial. Your queries are most welcome. Leave them in the comment below.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- How To Set-Up Fingerprint Lock On WhatsApp On Any Phone
- How To Deactivate Account And Manage Instagram Usage
- How To Turn On Dark Mode In IOS 13
- How To Reduce Eye Strain While Using Computer