We all know that WhatsApp has become one of the most efficient and popular messaging apps in the world. Still, it has that one clumsy thing has kept us irritated for a very long time now and that is that how is it possible to send a message without having that particular number in WhatsApp or how to send a WhatsApp message without saving the contact. There has been no official workaround introduced yet to send WhatsApp messages to the numbers that haven’t been saved.
The reason why this feature is necessary for WhatsApp is that lots of WhatsApp privacy settings are confined to “My Contacts”, and you wouldn’t like each and every random person saved in your phonebook to be able to see your profile picture. So here, we are going to tell you how to send WhatsApp messages without adding a contact.
There exist some third-party apps that make it possible to send messages on WhatsApp without saving the contact but using these apps can be harmful as it can compromise your security, and can also get your WhatsApp account banned. Therefore, you should avoid risking your security by using such apps. Below, we teach you how to send WhatsApp messages without saving a contact.
WhatsApp: How To Send Messages To Unsaved Numbers Without Adding Them As Contact
The first method we will be suggesting works for both Android and iOS. You need to follow a few simple steps on any browser, and your work will be done. Now, here’s how you can send WhatsApp messages to unsaved numbers.
- First of all, Open your phone’s browser and copy and paste this link http://wa.me/xxxxxxxxxx, or this link — http://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=xxxxxxxxxx in your address bar.
- Now, instead of ‘xxxxxxxxxx’, you will have to enter the phone number along with the country code, and if the number you wish to message is +919911111111, then the link becomes http://wa.me/919911111111. Here, the first two digits (+91) is India’s country-code followed by the mobile number of the individuals.
- After you have typed the link, tap enters to open the link.
- Now you’re going to see a WhatsApp webpage with the recipient’s phone number along with the green Message button. After tapping the green message button, you’ll be redirected to WhatsApp.
- By doing this, you can now WhatsApp people without saving the contact.
How To Send A WhatsApp Text Message To A Non-Contact Via Siri Shortcuts
For the iPhone users, we’re going to tell you a quicker and an easier method. This uses Siri Shortcuts, which is an inbuilt app made by Apple that efficiently works on devices running iOS 12 or latest versions. Follow the steps given below to send WhatsApp message to unsaved number without adding a contact using the Siri Shortcuts.
- Download the Siri Shortcuts app first.
- After you’ve opened the tab, tap the Gallery tab, which you can see is on the bottom right. Next, you will have to add any shortcut you want and run it once. One thing to be noted here is that you only need to follow steps 1 and 2 if you’re using Siri Shortcuts for the first time.
- After this, go to Settings > Shortcuts > and enable Allow Untrusted Shortcuts. This thing is going to allow you to run Siri Shortcuts from anyone, so be sure to download shortcuts made by people you fully trust and even if you download random shortcuts, make sure to look into the steps involved in it so that you’re sure that it does what you expect out of it.
- Now, open this link on your iPhone and click the Get Shortcut button so that you can download it.
- Next, you will be redirected to the Shortcuts app. Tap on the Add Untrusted Shortcut.
- After you’re done with it, you can open the Shortcuts app and look for the WhatsApp to Non-Contact shortcut in the My Shortcuts tab. If you want to run it from here, tap the three dots icon at the top of the shortcut > and then tap Add to Home Screen so that you create a quick launch shortcut on the home screen.
- After you do this, you will be asked to enter the recipient’s number. Now, enter it along with the country code, and you will be redirected to WhatsApp with a new message window open.
Looking at the easiness and efficiency of the app, there is no doubt that WhatsApp has become hugely popular in India and across the whole world. Simple things like sending a message to someone without saving their contacts still requires a little extra effort, and we wonder whether this feature will be added in the app in future. Until then, you can take the help of this article.