How many times do you feel the need to hide your drives, partition or secure our official documents from the other users? In this tutorial, I will show you how we can hide our drive(s) using cmd, no third-party software needed. Well, it’s simply done with the help of “diskpart” command.
Generally, we often face the situation in which we need to hide our personal disk drives which contains various sensitive and private data and we don’t want to share those data with anyone.
So, for hiding disk drives, we can do so by using some application software or by using CMD prompt. For now, we will discuss to hide disk drives by using CMD prompt and this method is applicable for all versions of Windows like Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
Let’s proceed further for hiding disk drives from all other users of the computer.
Here are a few steps to be followed one by one.
How To Hide Hard Drive Partitions
1. First of all, go to Start >> Accessories >>Run (or you can use Windows + [r] shortcut) type “diskpart” and hit enter.
It will ask for confirmation, click yes.
2. This will open up the cmd, type in the following command without quotes “list volume” and hit Enter( a list of drives will appear showing volumes, and letter assign to them, etc).
3. Select the volume you want to hide. In my case, I want to hide the “E” drive, the volume corresponding to this is volume 1.
4. So type I will type in this command “select volume 4” and hit Enter.
5. It will show “volume 4 is selected “. Now just remove the drive you want to hide by typing this command “remove letter e”, and hit enter.
6. That’s it check your “This PC” (Win logo +E), the selected drive is not there.
How To Get Back The Hidden Drive
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 from above to list the volume of your drives.
- Select the drive that you want to unhide, like in my case I want to get back my “D” drive. Type this command “selected volume 4” and hit enter.
- It will show “volume 4 is selected “. Now type this command “ assign letter e” and hit enter. Now check for the drive in my computer, it will back again.
- That’s it check your “This PC” (Win logo +E), the selected drive is not there.
- How To Setup A Server On Localhost And Install WordPress
- How To Install Windows 10 From USB Flash Drive
- How To Migrate Windows Partition To SSD Drive
- How To Install And Use Magisk On Android